I find making a list the best way of avoiding those random (often Instagram) fuelled buys.
Take your time to make your own list and try and stick to it. I key mine into the notes section of my phone, so I can refer to it when I’m out.
It’s boring to go through your wardrobe and I do mine in the evening with a glass of wine. Think of the events you have coming up and don’t leave it to the last minute to start thinking about outfits. Often a new bag or pair of shoes is a better use of money than buying another dress.
Most of the pieces I like I will have to wait for, until the sales start, and a lot of retailers will be kicking off soon.
I ALWAYS CHECK PRELOVED FIRST
- I bought the pair of cobalt blue joggers featured above from Stella McCartney on Ebay, they cost £40 and fit so well and I can wear them to travel this Spring and Summer
- When I was checking out Boutique 1 (more on them next week) I spotted a pair of Derek Lam sailor style trousers and they are now on my Wish List for the sales. I normally shy away from trousers as I find them unflattering around my mum tum, but not these higher waisted pair. I love the length too as they are brilliant with slides and a trenchcoat, like the one featured from The Real Real, it is D&G and on at £190
- Leggings: I live in them, and as soon as the sales start, I hope to snap up these Versace leggings, however, HM Studio had a great pair that I bought last week, I cannot see them online now but they had them in store
- The Theory Tamalee striped shirt is my shirt of the season, but I also love the Malene Birger striped option
- I stocked up with t-shirts at The Place pop up and I have also invested in one from Maison Labiche, they fit so well and are worth the money. I love an asymmetric top and Jacquemus is my favourite and is on my wish list
- Denim jackets never go out of fashion but I had been looking for a more grown up version and finally found it at Weekend Max Mara. This is oversized and is great to layer over my dresses and I can fit a sweater underneath if needed
- Bomber jackets are my thing as the simplicity of the design is easier to match to an outfit. Acne is my favourite and I am tracking down some preloved on Rebelle. I also love the red checked jacket that is from Ferretti again from The Real Real
- A khaki jacket is such a neutral look and check out the belted shorter option from Couture Community, and if it makes it to the sale I would invest in the frilled one from Rachel Comey
- I bought a pair of Givenchy slides on Ebay for £80 as this is what I live in during the Summer. The nude ankle tie sandals above are the best I have tried on, they are from Paul Andrew
- I buy most of my shoes from Vestiaire and I am watching the silver pair from Prada. I fancy a pair of the star trainers from YSL but again will wait until I can pick them up Preloved
- Acne sunglasses are my style and I always buy this oversized style as I know it suits me
- Little Tienda is what I will be wearing all Summer and I have ordered the white one featured – they are light enough to pair in the sun and I know I will live in these!
- The pink Paper skirt was sold out in my size but I keep checking the website as it is a gorgeous piece and the price point is so affordable
- I would pair the striped Breton sweater with summer dresses and shorts as it gets chilly in the evening by the sea at this time of year. This sweater would have cost over £500 new and is online now Preloved at £80.
- Keep it simple with bags; I love a straw clutch and I spotted the Mansur Gavriel one on sale
I can highly recommend Boutique 1 – it is so much easier to shop than bigger stores and the selection is spot on, the flagship store is located near Sloane Square.
Give Preloved a go if you haven’t already and I am happy to answer any questions. After Easter I will be heading out on shopping trips for readers, the first one will be affordable Chanel jackets. Email me if you are looking for anything and I will keep an eye out.