It is always a good idea to take a look at what trends are coming for 2016, and see if you can find any pieces in the sales. I have taken a look at what I will be embracing for 2016 and hunted down some options. I will also be regularly updating this on Pinterest, so please follow me to get the updates.
Be quick, as most are ending in the next few days.
These are my take – having trawled through all the footage of the Spring 2016 shows, and the trends I will be embracing.
- This suit from ASOS embraces two trends, the day suit and the paper bag waisted trousers. This looks so fresh and is a great wearable look. Avoid any suits that seem too office like (as assuming you’re not wearing it to the office) and look for cropped trousers to pair with trainers or flats. This suit has since sold out, but this one from ASOS is just as good. Keep an eye out for this style, it will be everywhere. Checkout Topshop or Reiss too. Focus on lighter colours and fabrics.
- The ankle strap flat is appearing in all the new arrivals for Spring 2016 – this pair from Chloe are on sale at Matches.
- The shirt is here to stay, and get your hands on one with a bit of detailing. I love this one in sale at Avenue 32, and this piece is divine too . Look for bell sleeves or bows like this much adored piece from Victoria Beckham .
- I am investing in yellow, it is going to be huge – everyone is lusting after the Gucci blazer and the Stella dress. This sweater is the perfect shade of yellow and is available at the Outnet. New Look also have a great value alternative.
- Shoulders are going to be big again in 2016. We all loved the Tibi off the shoulder blouses, and this vintage piece from 1st Dibs is spot on trend. Look for ruffles too, and I am sure these will hit the highstreet soon.
- If you are going to invest in a bag, then make it white! It goes with everything! I love this one from Vestaire Collective.
- Invest in an oversized denim coat, it will look fabulous with a white dress in the Spring and Marks and Spencer have this fabulous one on sale. Denim not as we know it!
- The maxi skirt will carry on into Spring 2016 and Shabby Apple has this floral number on sale! Rosie Assoulin has nailed this trend for 2016.
- Jeans… well you cannot avoid the frayed, flared, crop. I found a pair in sale but these will be so easy to find in Zara. My favourite pair from 2016 are from Isabel Marant.
- Nothing heralds the arrival of Spring like investing in a new pair of sunglasses. I think the Brand Outlet is the best place to find designer glasses at much reduced price. This pair by Le Specs are on trend, with this angular look, and cost twenty two pounds!
Please share with any trends you have spotted, roll on Spring.