Las Vegas is not a place I would normally thought to have taken children but somehow it does work. We hired a car but to be honest there is no real point, as they have a railway running down the strip and traveling by taxi is much easier.
Where to stay
- I stayed at the Four Seasons as it does not have a casino. The rooms are huge and luxurious and there is no smell of smoke. As there is no casino to walk through, it is much easier to come and go.
- Another friend was staying at the Mandarin Oriental, which I will definetly try next time, it is right in the middle of the strip and next door to the Crystals, the high end shopping district.
- Antonia a girl who knows her hotels, has recommended the Wynn Hotel, I took a look and it is gorgeous too.
- I love the Bellagio as you really feel the Las Vegas buzz.
What to do
- On the first day we went to Town Square , it is outdoor square where you can shop and eat, it has a ride along train and fantastic playground. As a lot of Las Vegas is indoor it was nice to escape here.
- Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden at the Mirage, this again was outdoors and we took the children swimming with the Dolphins and they got to see the famous white tigers.
- Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay ( you walk through a door to this hotel from the Four Seasons) . The children loved it
- The highlight for Archie and Luella was the Discovery Children’s Museum, another tip from Antonia. It is the best childen’s museum I have ever been too.
- The M&M museum is fantastic and they have a great film and you can get the personalized M&Ms.
- Visit the Bellagio, we ate in the Italian Circo and watched the fountains from there.
- Also the gondola trip in the Venetian is cheesy but fun.
Town Square Crystals Las Vegas
Blue Man Group
- The shopping is the best in the world, I recommend visiting the above mentioned Crystals for high end purchases. The Venetian Hotel has great shopping including Barneys ask for Ramon in the shoe department and the Bellagio has a great Chanel store. The Neiman Marcus Store is fantastic ask for Lori in the shoe department and Carmela in Ladies Fashion.