I was invited my friend and stylist Shanaz Coles, to an event at Max Mara a couple of weeks ago. I was so impressed by the breath of the collection. Since I stopped going to an office I had dismissed the brand. Don’t it is full of classic clothes cut to be worn by real women.
The Icon coat was the piece I fell in love with ( best suited to taller women) but what is amazing about Max Mara is that there is a coat to fit all shapes and sizes. Yes it is expensive but you will have it for ever.
So where to shop this look:
- You can buy the coat from Max Mara, which if I didn’t have loads of other coats I would have done. I found mine on Ebay.
- These Adidas trainers called the NMD XR1 PK have not left my feet since I bought them, they are warm as they hug your ankle and I adore the military green colour. Buy from & Other Stories . Net a Porter have a gorgeous metallic pair and you can find the black at Footlocker. Go down a size .
- I love a one shoulder top and they are a better way of embracing the party look than sequins. Buy the sweater featured above from ASOS they also have a beautiful burgundy version which is more expensive from Gestuz.
- The t-shirt body is one of my best finds, the one featured above is from Topshop but I have since ordered a fabulous one from T by Alexander Wang. It is brilliant with joggers, or jeans and much more forgiving than traditional bodies on the waist.
- Max Mara have the best range of sunglasses and one to watch in the Sale.
- I have bored you all with my Levi obsession, get them from Urban Outfitters, Topshop Peekaboo or any vintage shop you can find links to shop in my older post. Otherwise buy the Re/Done ones from Leandra if you haven’t the time to shop around.