I’ve waded through pages and pages of new arrivals recently and the one trend that I am jumping on is the cotton or silk strapless dress.
Ideally you would want it with a fitted bodice, otherwise the danger is that the dress can be quite shapeless and I prefer a midi length, to avoid too formal a look.
Below are my favourites:
The great thing about these dresses is that they are a break from the voluminous sleeves which dominated last year. I do actually adore them but they do tend to be inconvenient when eating.! In reality I would tend to shorten most of the dresses featured above.
Here are the links to shop:
- I spotted this dress when I was in Spain and it is such an easy pull on piece and it’s now on sale at the Outnet
- This black one is the right length but I would just prefer if it was more fitted on top, but I do adore the idea of this dress and the brand is one that I have coveted for a long time – Matteau from Matches
- La Ligne is a hot new U.S. brand and this shape is great to pull on over a bikini. I do remember J. Crew did a similar one which I am currently trying to track down
- The dream is this pink extravaganza from Calvin Klein but it is still over budget so I’m going to have to wait and see if it gets discounted further. There is an extra 20% off at the moment
- Dodo Bar Or have embraced a real vintage feel this season and they have introduced a myriad of great cotton gowns. The shape is perfect as they are less voluminous than the others and perfect for wafting around this summer
- Don’t forget to check out the dregs of the sale – I spotted this Zimmerman one on Net a Porter
My dream bag purchase is this Valentino bag below which would go beautifully with all the pieces above.
Can I just send a big thank you to my son Archie for helping me with the collage above!!