We are moving and it has been a dreadful few weeks, topped off by missing our plane, long story but we eventually got to Spain, yesterday and it feels so good to feel the sun on my face.
It was so long since I wore anything, other than a parka and layers, which made packing a nightmare. Regardless of how much stuff we all have, we all still get tempted to buy a few new things, be it a t-shirt or a bikini .
I have tried to put together an Edit of the pieces which have worked for me.
- Lets start with swimwear, I am a huge fan of Seafolly, I get mine from the site Cocobay and I have the Goddress Bikini in every colour. It washes so well and the pants are the perfect fit to hold you in, yet still look sexy. This Summer I have ordered the monochrome one above called the Coast to Coast, I love the matching rash vest, perfect to protect my chest from further sun damage.
- Sumarie is one of my favourite luxury swimwear brands, the bottoms are cut to lift, this brand manages to marry style and fit so well, the swimsuit above can be worn day to evening.
- The Brand Outlet, is my go to place for well priced swimwear , check out this white bikini, above from Melissa Odabash. They also stock the best selection of cut price designer glasses, I adore the Karen Walker pair, they are a lot cheaper than the Celine ones which they are so similar too.
- A great sunhat is a must, if you want to avoid pigmentation . This is something worth investing in, I have one from Eugenia Kim, like the one featured above for the last years.
- I love a great beach towel and the round one above is from Livvy Lot, I have ordered this and cannot wait for it to arrive. This Australian brand stocks so many gorgeous well priced beach accessories.
- In Marbella, at this time of year, the weather is so changeable, so a wrap is a must. You have to check out Somerville Scarves, the quality and price point are spot on .
8. The bomber jacket, is here to stay, it just gives summer dresses a bit more edge. I spotted the embroidered Alice and Olivia jacket, in Liberty it is so exquisite . Other alternatives are this cropped jacket from Bolam, I adore the fabric and cut, perfect to pair with shorts, jeans or a dress. Bolam is a London brand and the site is full an perfect beach holiday pieces.
9. All the magazines, are heralding the hoodie as the Spring 2016 “hottest ” item, pair it with a flimsy skirt or summer dress. Romwe, is one of my favourite cut price, on line stores and I have ordered the hoodie above, it cost just over £10 . Zara do the best denim shorts . I have recommended this front tie sweatshirt again from Zara to so many people, it is from their new Active Wear range.
10. Packing shoes is the hardest, as they are heavy. I always travel in my New Balance trainers and pack, a couple of pairs of flip flops, I love Figue or Valentino. Wedges are so much more practical on the cobblestones of Marbella, Rebelle have a great preloved pair from Stuart Weizman. We all fell in love with Aquazurra last year with their tie up flats, this year they have brought out the ultimate wedge.
11. Bags again must be multipurpose when you travel. I dismissed the Balenciaga tote last year but it has grown on me and I crave one now! The oversized clutch version is so much more affordable, option though.
There are so many straw basket, on the market this one from Kayu caught my eye. I saw the pink and orange oversized clutch I am featuring above at a Pop Up and it is the best on the market and worth checking out, again from the fabulous Bolam.
12. Now onto dresses, well my go to brand is Loup Charmant, check out the back detail on this dress above.
Once the discounts start I will be keeping an eye out for the off the shoulder dress above from Lisa Marie Fernandez, it is expensive but this dress is one that you can wear on the beach or out sightseeing or to dinner in the evening .
13. For the evenings, I always pack a jumpsuit, as they are just the easiest things to wear and American Vintage do great lightweight ones, not to mention the fabulous off the shoulder top, featured above.
Tara Jarmon, is one of my favourite brands and I am definitely going to buy this short ruffle playsuit, the material is divine and the cut so flattering .
The one item of clothing I live in at this time of year, is a great pair of jogging bottoms, I have this pair from Sundry , which I have included above. I dress these up with heels or wear them in the afternoon when it gets a bit cooler.
Wishing you all a peaceful and relaxed Easter wherever you are and than you all for reading !