I am itching to wear brighter and lighter clothes. I am so bored of my winter garb, everything looks so tired and dull. I am craving colour and light fabrics.
With my less is more and buy less and better, I have tried to focus on the best quality and price points in my review of what is out there.
I have scoured all the highstreet brands to try and bring you the pieces which won’t break the bank, are wearable and capture the trends.
I am loving the trenchcoat ( more of this in a later post), the cropped jeans, floaty dresses , loafers , statement tops, boiler suits and off course you all know how attached I am to a good jumpsuit.
- Lets start with my current obsession the trench, it just is the best transitional piece. You can wear it now with a sweater and with a t-shirt, once the weather gets warmer. Mango, is so strong this season and I adore this structured trench. It is just more flattering that a lot of the very floaty ones on the market. It comes in beige and black. Finery have a fabulous longer calf length one, which is what I have my eye on.
- Jumpsuit are not going away as they are so easy to grab and go, this year the trend is more to a fitted boiler suit look.I have found one at Topshop but if I am also tempted by this flared and fitted one by ASOS. I am throwing my oversized coat over mine now to keep me warm.
- I have long been searching for a great red jumpsuit and both Zara and Uterque have nailed this trend, image these with a denim shirt or jacket in the Spring, or paired with a trench.
- The statement shirt cannot be avoided, be it off the shoulder, shoulder free , or the side knot Marks and Spencer, H&M, Zara and Cos have the best selection.
- Just buy a colour, yellow is huge this season and I adore the simple one above from Topshop. Finery are noted, for a great use of the perfect hue and the cornflower blue sweater above is something you can wear now .
- Bodies are back, they just go so well under dungarees and flared denim, the one pictured above is from Mango.
- Breton tops, you can never have enough and I have bought this one from & Other Stories, the fit is great and I love the emblem detailing and side buttons.
- A great pair of cargo pants for me are one of the first things I turn to once the weather gets warmer, there is no need to invest as Gap just do the best ones.
- We have already spoken a lot on the blog about the cropped flare, the highstreet is full of fabulous options such as the pairs above by ASOS and Topshop.
- The floaty dress is something I pull out as soon as we get to March, with a pair of boots and a oversized cardigan thrown over, you cannot help but feel that Summer is around the corner. Free People, have this trend covered, I am so tempted by the black maxi above which is in the sale at ASOS. I always find great dresses in H&M and this pink floral number is a great length.
- I have invested in the Topshop Unique kimono top to wear over my cropped jeans but this one from Zara really embraces this trend.
- Shoes well the high cut, round toe balled flat is huge, Celine kick started the trend which I spoke about last year but you can find them everywhere now from Topshop to H&M.
- A Gucci loafer is on my wish list but these from Zara are the perfect shape and shade.
I have tried to choose classic pieces with a twist and ensure that you can mix and match all the items, to create great outfits.
Please share with me any great Highstreet finds and we can feature them.