At this time of the year it is hard to embrace the ‘sexy’, it is often raining and cold and my days of freezing in a little dress or skirt are over!
I bought a top at the beginning of the season and it has become my ‘tarty top’, this is a term I have used since I was at university. Let’s be honest, it’s less tarty but sometimes you just want to ramp it up a bit.
This is where these square neck blouses come in; there is something about that expanse of neck and a hint of bosom. I am small chested so am not sure how well this works for those of you blessed with more.
Below is an edit of my favourites and here are some of the pitfalls!
- Becareful that the top is not too short in the body
- These tops need to fit well so you may have to try a few to get the right fit ( I have returned so many )
- Get some fashion tape to keep the sleeves in place !
- Balance out the look with a simple pair of jeans or joggers
- Also I have made the mistake of buying wrap versions ( always come undone and are not comfortable ) and also avoid sleeves which are too peaked at the shoulder and look like a Dynasty throwback