Given the cold snap, not to even mention the new lockdown, a warm, hooded water resistant coat is something we will all need this year.
The key is to get the shape right and to consider what you are going to wear under it. Hoods, pockets and a longer line are all the things I am looking for.
The truth is that I want the Balenciaga puffer but I cannot justify the price. I want a very similar style as my Calvin Klein 205w39nyc puffer (below) but in black or navy, as the shape simply works brilliantly.
This was lasts year purchase. I have bought a few other options since but ended up selling them as nothing compared to the finish and fit on this one. I am currently watching the preloved market to see if I can find another Calvin Klein 205w39nyc in a different colour.
So, if there is a jacket you love, always have a look preloved first to see if you can find it for less. My friend Sarah just tipped me off to the best padded jackets on sale at Marina Rinaldi
The North Face collaboration with Gucci has reinforced the key place a puffer coat takes in our wardrobe.
Check out the links to shop:
- Weekday we loved that it is belted and has a divine hood.
- Check out the sage green one from Sandro at the Outnet
- The tan ACNE one is on my Sales list as is the Daily Paper version
- If money was no object then it has to be this buttermilk Bottega coat
- Same with the Balenciaga one, it is so expensive but such a gorgeous shape
- If you are looking for a value for money option then it has to be H&M
- Arket has embraced the trend and their hooded coat is super practical
- The Outnet has a wonderful edit and the Moschino one in military green is one of my favourites
- I love the navy North Face long line padded jacket and this brand is now on sale
- I spotted a couple of great coats on ASOS
- Other brands worth keeping an eye on are Holzweiler
- I have ordered an Adidas for Stella McCartney jacket (now sold out) but the shorter version is still online
- Twenty Petworth (fantastic online boutique) have a few Stand Studio padded coats on sale
- We all love this Woolrich red puffer now on sale at Trilogy
- Harvey Nichols have another amazing red puffer on sale as does the jacket from Kenzo
- Weekend Max Mara is also a great place to look for padded coats
- Uniqlo is also worth checking out, also Monki and Benetton
- I have the black Holzweiler puffer on my waitlist too or Urban Outfitters have the same shape for a lot less.
- The vegan leather options from Nanushka are now on sale on the Outnet
- Penultimately, if you are looking for a more edgy version check out Ienki Ienki at Koibird
- Finally, check out EVERLANE, such great value and quality as does Topshop